The SMSF Day 2022 Online Course User Guide
Find your Login details and how to access the Course
After purchasing the SMSF Day 2022 Online Course, an email containing your login details will be issued to you.
You can click on the link within the email to login and access the course, or alternatively, you can access the course at any time from the Smarter SMSF Platform following the instructions below.
1. After locating the email containing your login details, go to the Smarter SMSF website: https://smartersmsf.com/, then from the top menu select 'Login' and then 'Platform Login'.
2. Enter your login details and click on the 'Log in' button.
3. You are now logged into the Smarter SMSF Platform and will have arrived at the Dashboard. To enter the Smarter Learning Suite, select 'Learn' from the left menu and then, 'Courses'.
4. Confirmation of the SMSF Day 2022 Online Course is available to commence, click the 'Continue Study' button.
The Smarter SMSF Learning Suite - Dashboard
At anytime you can also go back to the main Dashboard which also includes direct access to the course. Your name appears on the right side of the screen with details of any online CPD completed via Smarter SMSF.
5. You can now commence the course by selecting the ‘Access course’ button.
The Welcome Screen
You have arrived at the Welcome screen. There is a short video to watch presented by Aaron Dunn. If you have any questions during your time working through the course materials, there is the support you can access via email.
This screen also lists the assessment quizzes for each of the 4 modules. These are mandatory to be completed for each module. You must successfully complete and achieve a pass before moving on to the next module. You have 2 attempts per assessment.
Following on from the success of delivering our SMSF Day 2022 events face-to-face around Australia, we are delighted to now make this content available online for you to access and learn more about a range of topical issues impacting the SMSF sector, including:
Students can access a range of materials within each of the modules, including slides, workbooks, case studies and flowcharts – all providing further information about the topics covered at the SMSF Day events.
NOTE: You have a total of 12 weeks (4 months) to complete the learning and assessment requirements within the course from the date that the course is activated.
The course contains a combination of video-based training, audio and written materials for you to work. Students will also be required to complete the CPD assessment within each of the modules. Recognition of 8.0 CPD hours will be provided with a certificate issued upon completion and accepted by all the major accounting bodies (CPA, CAANZ & IPA), the SMSF Association and Tax Practitioner’s Board (TPB) and ASIC.
How to Commence the Course and access Course Materials
6. To enter Module 1., click the title ‘Latest intel on SMSFs’.
NOTE: Your view of the navigation screens within the course may vary, depending on if you are using a desktop computer with a monitor or laptop.
Module 1. is now open and there are several areas for navigation. You will arrive at the default 'Presenter Info' tab / 'Outline' tab view. The Outline tab provides you with a summary of slides for the module.
7. You can navigate through each of the module slides by selecting the 'Play' button or alternatively selecting the 'Prev' or 'Next' buttons.
8. The 'Resources' tab is important to access the additional supporting materials, such as the Workbook associated with each Module.
9. Click the link to download a copy of the workbook for each module.
10. You can download to Save a copy in PDF format or Print.
NOTE: Your view of the navigation screens within the course may vary, depending on if you are using a desktop computer with a monitor or laptop. Skip the next few steps if not applicable.
Module 1. is now open and there are several areas for navigation. There is an ‘In progress’ status confirming the course has commenced and what module you have entered on the left of your screen. You also have a 'percentage completed' progress bar at the top of your screen, as you work through and complete each module.
11. You can navigate through each of the module slides by selecting the 'play' button.
8. You can also select either the 'left or right' arrows to move forward or back.
9. There are a number of course resources supporting each of the modules. You can access these via the blue three bars.
12. Click the 'Resources' icon to view the list of slides, workbooks, case studies, flowcharts and a number of the Australian Taxation Office references.
13. Click the 'X' symbol to return to the slide in the module you had opened.
If you leave a module for any reason, for example, a client meeting is about to occur, or it's the end of the day. Upon your return to the Course, you are greeted with a message asking if you would like to resume from the last slide viewed.
14. Click 'Yes' to continue.
When you have reached the end of the Module, it’s a good idea to review the Module Workbook and any other supporting resources and links that were provided.
When you are ready, you can complete the Module CPD Assessment.
15. Click the link for 'M1 - Latest intel on SMSFs' to access the quiz questions.
You have a set number of questions that must be answered in a limited timeframe of 10 mins. You must achieve an 80% pass mark for the module and you have 2 attempts to successfully pass the CPD assessment.
This is an example of the quiz.
16 .Once you have answered each question, click the ‘Finish Quiz’ button. The results will be provided in a few moments. You are able to 'Restart Quiz' if you have not successfully passed the module or the 'Click here to continue' button to move to the next module.
Navigating onto the next module you can view your progress and can navigate to either the Previous or Next Lesson module.
The alternative view screen if you are using a Laptop computer.
Once all the modules have been explored and each of the associated quiz completed, you will notice the progress bar now displays a message, 'You've earned a certificate!'.
The progress bar will also display 100% complete.
Click the 'Download Certificate' button.
The Course Content is listed and even though you have completed the Course, you are still able to access the Course Content until your expiry date, 4 months after you commenced the Course.
Support for the Course
You can get in contact with us:
- By Telephone on 1300 95 94 76
- By email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org