What's New - June 2021
What's new & updated on the Smarter SMSF platform
- We have now added functionality to enable users to do an ASIC name availability search within the company incorporation order forms. You can read the article here to find out more about this enhanced feature.
- The completed orders page has been updated now providing much greater flexibility to access the documents generated from the Smarter SMSF platform. You can read the article that outlines the functionality now available on the completed orders page here.
- The ability to apply a stored credit card has now been added to the following documents for use:
- Investment Strategy
- Pension Commencement
- Company Incorporation
- Special Purpose Company Incorporation
- We have fixed an error found in the document counter that wasn't resetting upon the anniversary of the subscription.
- We have temporarily turned off the charts on the main dashboard due to it impacting the initial login speed onto the platform. These will be turned back shortly once this issue has been resolved.
- Alternate email address field - Users can now add an alternate email address for the pension commencement form. This email field has been added onto the review page; where an email address is added into this field, the order will be send to both the registered users address and the alternate email address that is added.
- The alternate email address is being added to many of our most popular documents, after obtaining feedback from members about this functionality on the pension commencement form.
- The Federal Budget webinar recording has been uploaded into the 'webinars' section of the Smarter SMSF platform to watch at any time. This webinar was recorded on Friday, 15 May 2021.
- We ran a webinar on the release of the new Module 7 for the SMSF foundations course on Friday, 28 May 2021, which you can register to watch at anytime here.
- The SMSF Tax Planning webinar recording has been uploaded into the 'webinars' section on the Smarter SMSF platform for members to watch at any time. This webinar was recorded on Wednesday, 5 May 2021, and presented by Aaron Dunn.
- The SMSF Tax Planning 2021 checklist is available for CPD members to download from the 'Resources' tab (see screenshot below). The checklist provides over 30 pages of tips, traps, ideas and strategies with your SMSF clients in the lead up to 30 June 2021
Smart things we are currently working on...
- Stored credit card - Work continues by the team on being able to make payment via a stored credit card for many of our most popular documents. This feature will be available for members (for company registration orders) and for non-members who wish to save time in the ordering process by simply applying the card stored against your user profile. Refer to our previous article on how to add or update credit details on the platform.
- Work has commenced on building a combined order form to include the change of trustee and deed upgrade. We expect to have this available for use in July, with beta testing to be available later this month with a select number of members.
- Work had previously commenced on a new SMSF and trustee company order form, which ultimately stalled during COVID-19 due to various other projects. The team is now moving back onto this task to finalise in the coming months and will also include the ability to request binding or standard death benefit nominations, along with access to an SMSF compliance pack - includes trustee minutes for making initial rollovers, contributions, etc.
Training / Course
- Our next webinar is the Changing Face of SMSF, the technical quarterly update to be held on Wednesday, 16 June 2021 at 11:00am AEST. Members will receive an email to automatically register for this session in the week commencing, Monday, 7 June 2021. Registrations to purchase the webinar for PAYG users will also be available from that week.
- Changes are currently be made to a number of modules in the SMSF foundations course for 1 July 2021 to reflect indexation of the contribution caps, transfer balance cap and more.